Cieling light
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ironron
Labourer
Labourer

Cieling light

by ironron » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:30 pm

Hi.My chandalier fell down from the ceilng last night , & i want to put it back.
It has seven wires 5 reds. & two blacks, going into a conecter block.

There are four terminals on the conecter block.

On the extreme left . it has two reds going into the first terminal.
The next terminal has 1 red.
The next has 2 reds .
& the last one has 2 blacks.

Could you please tell me . What the chandaliers two wires . a brown & a blue conect to please.
There is allso the earth wire , but i can suss that out.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:43 pm

See the projects section. replacing a light fitting and wiring a ceiling rose

ironron
Labourer
Labourer

by ironron » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:30 pm

I cant really follow that diagram! can you just show me where to place the brown & the blue please, into the connecting block.
thank you.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:35 pm

It does not get any simpler than that diagram in the wiring a ceiling rose project. The brown goes to the switched live block and the blue goes to the neutral block. I'm really sorry but if you cannot follow that it might be best if you get an electrician to do the job.

ironron
Labourer
Labourer

by ironron » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:43 pm

Im sorry if i upset you , & i sound a bit thick, but this is not a conventional ceiling rose, its just a connecting block.& i cant work out what is the the switch line.

ericmark

by ericmark » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:34 pm

Nothing adds up. Most cables have red and black or brown and blue or even red, yellow, blue or brown, black, gray. All of these give even numbers of red and black and even if double red still does not line up with your seven wires. As we can't work this out, we are not going to give advice as we could be completely wrong. An electrician would use a meter and to try to sort this out. With information you give it can't be done safely. You really do need an electrician.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:18 am