Cistern Inlet Filling Valve and How To Replace Diaphragm Washer
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tkmk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Cistern Inlet Filling Valve and How To Replace Diaphragm Washer

Post by tkmk » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:55 pm

Hi, I am total DIY newb so please excuse me if I'm not entirely accurate in my description, although I have done as much research as possible. As per the subject title I'm trying to replace the diaphragm washer in the Inlet Valve of our toilet. The toilet was constantly running water and after removing it I could see tears which indicated that it needed replacing. However, I cannot find any replica of the washer online. Does anybody know where I can get this particular washer (see the attached images)? Or if another washer would be suitable?

Any advice welcomed. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fred c
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Cistern Inlet Filling Valve and How To Replace Diaphragm Washer

Post by Fred c » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:12 am

Hi you would need to know manafacturer name to buy online. Go to plumbing store they may be able to help. If you cannot find correct washer you may have to change inlet float.

tkmk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Cistern Inlet Filling Valve and How To Replace Diaphragm Washer

Post by tkmk » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:18 pm

Fred c wrote:Hi you would need to know manafacturer name to buy online. Go to plumbing store they may be able to help. If you cannot find correct washer you may have to change inlet float.

Ok thanks. Its unclear who manufactured the item, but I have an inkling, so may contact them to double check. My fear is that I'll need to change the inlet float, as there's barely any room at the back of the toilet to unscrew it. Not sure how the original plumbers were able to do this. Thanks again.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:00 am