All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bobplum
Foreman
Foreman

cistern lever :diameter of hole

by bobplum » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:56 pm

loking for help/advice
occasionaly i come across wc cisterns were the diameter of the hole for the cistern lever is too small to take a standard nylon cistern lever handle
can anyone give me insight into this and who may be able to supply lever handles for this type of cistern

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL LUV BOBPLUM

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:28 am

Never seen this one before Bobplum. I thought they were a standard size? Are you suffering from wonky pottery?

Mind you, the frequency of fitting cistern levers is getting further apart seeing as they are all push button now so I suppose anything could be happening.

My problem is with the new size brass nuts supplied with some taps. The standard box spanner is now too big.

AdamsHeating
Ganger
Ganger

by AdamsHeating » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:40 pm

I have had this a few times now bobplumb and my only advice is: hammer, force, ignorance!!! Not sure why it has happened, i'm guessing old toilets, new lever arm regs. Plumbcentre ones have always fitted in my experience.

I have used a drill once, it ended in tears and a hole in the floor of costa coffee...

AH.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:32 pm

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:28 am