Cladding for exterior walls on shed/office
Questions answered and a range of solutions on problems and issues encountered with timber framed buildings

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
richardray
Apprentice
Apprentice

Cladding for exterior walls on shed/office

by richardray » Fri May 15, 2009 11:29 am

Hi,

I am partway through building a shed/office in my garden and am at the stage where I need to start buying in materials for cladding the exterior walls.

We are looking to use feathered timbers ontop of sterling board but there is one wall which will be totally out of sight and I wondered if we could use Bitumen corrugated sheets to cut down the cost.

Also, are there any other options to feathered timber, apart from tongue and groove as that is obviously a lot more expensive.

For info, the building is 3.5 x 4.3m.

Thanks in advance,

Richard

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Cladding for exterior walls on shed/office

by rosebery » Sun May 17, 2009 1:34 pm

"We are looking to use feathered timbers ontop of sterling board but there is one wall which will be totally out of sight and I wondered if we could use Bitumen corrugated sheets to cut down the cost."

You could but I'll bet you'd regret it in years to come.

"Also, are there any other options to feathered timber, apart from tongue and groove as that is obviously a lot more expensive."

Yes you could use UPVC cladding like Google "directplastics.com/media/catalog/product/cache/3/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/F/o/Fortex-Pale-White.jpg" which comes in various colours as well as textures. For me that would be preferable to feather edge.

Cheers

tclick
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Cladding for exterior walls on shed/office

by tclick » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:20 am

I realise it is too late for your project but it may help others thinking of the same thing. We sell Cedar Cladding which is durable, long lasting and looks really great on these types of projects.

Just a thought

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:32 am