Clay soil pipe & compact toilet
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Johna7770
Labourer
Labourer

Clay soil pipe & compact toilet

Post by Johna7770 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:43 pm

I'm trying to fit a compact toilet in a WC.

I have an existing clay soil pipe in the floor which has a sort of concrete collar sticking out of the floor.

The problem is that the base of the toilet is hitting the soil pipe which prevents the toilet going right back to the wall.

If I was to cut off the clay pipe flush with the floor, could I use someting like this :-

http://www.awin1.com/pclick.php?p=14398 ... 071&m=1228

to make the connection...or is there a better (proper) way to do this?

By the way, the existing clay pipe is buried in a tiled concrete floor which I don't want to have to disturb if possible.

Thanks,
John

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:09 pm

Best way to do it John. Break off the pipe collar carefully and use the pan connector as you suggest. You may find that the internal diameter of the clay pipe is slightly too large to give a good seal with the pan connector in which case a short length of 4 inch plastic pipe can be pushed into the clay, then the pan connector. If you use this method you will need to clean the inside of the clay well, and seal the "gap" between clay pipe and plastic pipe with sealant to stop gas escaping.

rwoolle2
Labourer
Labourer

Clay soil Pipe and Compact WC

Post by rwoolle2 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:12 pm

Hi, I'm attempting a very similar task to this, and wondered if you had any recommendation on how to remove the ceramic downpipe of the WC from the clay pipe. They are cemented together, and I'm worried about cracking the clay pipe if I'm too heavy handed.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by rosebery » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:33 pm

If you are replacing the WC break it as it does not matter if you do. You can then easily get at removing the bits of the pan that are left.

PS it might be better to start a new thread rather than resurrect one that is nearly a year old.

Cheers

Sixfoot3
Labourer
Labourer

Concrete coller

Post by Sixfoot3 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:24 pm

Hi,

I also need to remove this concrete collar from my soil pipe but am worried i will damage the soil pipe. Is there a trusted way of doing this without cracking the pipe.

Thanks

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:26 am