Coice of central heating
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nigel887
Labourer
Labourer

Coice of central heating

by nigel887 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:37 pm

Currently have old electric storage heaters, these currently run on Economy 7 tariff.
I am considering upgrading my houses entire heating requirements,
House is 4 bedroom, have no capability to have gas.
Need ideas, obviously need to be energy efficient.
done some research, upgrading new storage heaters, complete electric system, or a combination of both.
Does anybody have any ideas of websites or companies who can offer advice?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:38 pm

nigel887,
Storage heaters are the most efficient form of heating - nearly all the energy they take in is given out as heat. If you are happy with storage heaters then stick with them, get the supply arrangement for the key ones altered so that you can boost them outside the economy 7 cheap periods.
Whether they are economic is another question, with energy prices changing so rapidly recently you are unlikely to find anywhere for independent advice. If you do find somewhere please post the details on this forum.
end

claire27
Labourer
Labourer

by claire27 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:13 pm

Have you looked at an electric central heating system? ther new one are meant to be nearly as good as the combi's and work off the same principle. i have been looking into replacing my storage heaters and have been looking at htese on the web

Trevorp
Labourer
Labourer

by Trevorp » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:22 pm

[quote="claire27"]Have you looked at an electric central heating system? ther new one are meant to be nearly as good as the combi's and work off the same principle. i have been looking into replacing my storage heaters and have been looking at htese on the web[/quote]

Message for Claire27: did you install electric central heating? If so were you happy with it?

Trevorp
Labourer
Labourer

by Trevorp » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:22 pm

[quote="claire27"]Have you looked at an electric central heating system? ther new one are meant to be nearly as good as the combi's and work off the same principle. i have been looking into replacing my storage heaters and have been looking at htese on the web[/quote]

Message for Claire27: did you install electric central heating? If so were you happy with it?

humperdink
Tradesman
Tradesman

by humperdink » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:11 pm

hi, I fitted a wet central heating system with unvented hot water 4 months ago and am really happy with it (dont have the option of gas and didnt want tanks in the garden). We kept economy 7 tariff and use that to heat the hot water, and will use it for morning heating when the winter comes, our economy 7 goes off at 08:30 so evening heating will be on normal rate. But honestly it is like night and day compared to storage heaters.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1