Cold water hasn't come back on
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Torro
Labourer
Labourer

Cold water hasn't come back on

by Torro » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:36 pm

I've just replaced the washer in a ballcock assembly in the downstairs toilet. Before I started I isolated the stopcock and also another valve under the sink and drained the coldwater down. I've now turned the water back on but there is none running from the taps in the bathrooms or toilets. The kitchen cold tap works fine and the tank in the loft has re-filled. Have I missed something?

john4703
Labourer
Labourer

by john4703 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:58 pm

It is common for the cold water in the kitchen to be fed straight from the mains and all other cold, and hot, water to be fed from the storage tank. It may be that you have an air lock somewhere in the system. You can sometimes clear this bu putting a hose from the cold water tap in the kitchen to another cold tap and opening both taps, the mains pressure should blow any airlock back into the tank

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:05 pm

Possible airlock, it seems that the kitchen tap is the only mains fed tap the rest may be tank fed. Try attaching a hose from the mains outdoor or kitchen tap to one of the other taps, and see if it will backfill.

htg

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:45 pm