Combi boiler heating radiators when heating is not on
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
koroshiya_1
Labourer
Labourer

Combi boiler heating radiators when heating is not on

Post by koroshiya_1 » Mon May 12, 2008 9:09 am

Hi folks,
I've just recently moved into a fairly new build, 2-bed apartment. It's always rediculously hot in there, and i have put it down to the recent spell of good weather, and it being a 2nd floor apartment.

However, a friend of mine felt the living room radiator (jokingly to see if the room was so warm because the heating was on!) and low and behold, the radiator was warm. The radiator thermostat was turned to 3, but the heating was not on, and has not ben on since we moved in over a week and a half ago. A little concerned, I checked the radiators in both bedrooms, the kitchen and the bathroom.

The kitchen radiator was cold, but its thermostat was turned to zero. The master bedroom radiator was also cold, but its thermostat was on 3. The 2nd bedroom radiator and the bathroom radiator, however, were both warm to the touch, and there thermostats were turned to 5 and 3, respectively.

The central heating is definitely off (it says so on the thermostat LCD!). As this is my first place, I was unsure if this was a common occurance with combi boilers, or if it indicates a potential problem with our central heating sytem?

Additional info: Boiler is an [i]Ideal Isar HE[/i], the thermostat is a [i]Myson MPRT programmable room thermostat[/i], hot water works fine, and the boiler kicks in as expected when water is used and when the heating is switched on (i tested it the day we moved in, to make sure everything was a-ok). Also, the boiler fires up randomly, very briefly but i've been told this is a usual occurance for combi boilers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

ericmark

Post by ericmark » Mon May 12, 2008 6:52 pm

The instructions for the boiler “isar HE Manual PDFâ€

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1