All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
hooligan69
Apprentice
Apprentice

Combi Boiler help please!!!!!!!!!

by hooligan69 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:13 am

Hi,

I'm in the process of changning my combi boiler for a new one. Can anyone recommend a make and model and what sort of price can i expect to pay for the boiler and installation.

Thank YoU

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:29 pm

Not that simple, Worcester, Vaillant, Potterton, Baxi are all decent boilers.
Size of house, number and sizes of radiators, number of bathrooms, type of shower all have to be taken into consideration.

Get some CORGI installers out for quotes - they will recommend the boilers that will suit your needs.

What's the make and model of your existing combi ? does this suit your needs ? good flow rate for showers etc etc ???

htg

hooligan69
Apprentice
Apprentice

by hooligan69 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:32 pm

Thanks for getting back,

the boiler i have at present is a brittony.

I'm in the process of having an extention built which includes a new bathroom and on suite. Both will have showers and i do not currently have a shower. This will make my house a 3 bedroom the boiler i have does the job but needs chamging.

Thank You

DONFRAMAC
Ganger
Ganger

NEW COMBI BOILER--CHOICE

by DONFRAMAC » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:10 am

My daughter has decided to renew her v. old gas boiler, with a Worcester Greenstar ( part of the well reputed Bosch group ), but she will be retaining the electric shower.
My own Gloworm gas boiler ( vented system with 210 litres of hot water storage ), has been replaced with a Potterton Promax 28 HE+, with the loss of stored hot water.
If I was doing the job again I would try to incorporate the Megaflo type of hot water storage, complete with its immersion element.
The BAXI / POTTERTON / MAIN group is at a cheaper end of the price range, but parts are cheap, readily available, and the boilers are familiar to maintenance men and are built to be easy to work on / in, without causing injury, from steel sheeting / poor access etc.
Some of the most reliable boilers are not backed-up well with a large network of well-trained tecnicians.
BOULTER is part of the BOSCH group, but is not well known in the UK but has a long history of excellent service on mainland Europe, so I would not consider that brand where I live, in the extreme north of Scotland, as I expect support will be very patchy.
Unfortunately, we suffer from a dearth of heating engineers, and a surplus of plumbers who are employed in firms where only the boss has the training to be registered, so he is never "HANDS-ON".

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:47 am