Combi boiler randomly shuts down
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
knad
Labourer
Labourer

Combi boiler randomly shuts down

Post by knad » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:13 pm

Hello,
I have a Vokera Compact Combi Boiler that randomly shuts down. I often have to reset it up to a dozen times a day and then sometimes it stays on for days.
It sometimes shuts down if I turn on the hot water in the kitchen at a very low pressure and at other times, not. It usually shutsdown for no reason at all.
The boiler is mounted on a wall in a very small room. Last week I noticed if I left the door open slightly the boiler would stay on and I thought this solved the problem but this week it has started shutting down again.
I've had the engineer in but he can't find the problem. I've also had a gas engineer in but was advised the problem was not caused by faulty gas connection.
I've also noticed the boiler "fires up" a lot, sometimes up to 30 times an hour, but have no idea if this is normal or not.
Can someone suggest what the problem could be?
Thanks

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Combi boiler randomly shuts down

Post by htg engineer » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:06 am

The first thing I would have checked is the hot water flow switch and any filters renewed or cleaned.

You do need an engineer though, the boiler should modulate - it shouldn't be coming on and off 30 times per hour.

htg

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1