Combi boiler
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dpicton
Labourer
Labourer

Combi boiler

by dpicton » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:48 pm

I wish to insert a new radiator and remove an existing radiator within an 'up and running' heating system that is powered by a combi boiler. I have not dealt with a combi boiler installation before and so am unfamiliar with the system. I am not a plumber but am reasonably competent and am happy about fitting the new and removing the radiators having done this before with non combi boiler installations. My question is, when I refill the system having done the job, how do I re-pressurise the system, what else do I need to do at this final stage? Thank you in anticipation. Don Picton

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Combi boiler

by rosebery » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:35 am

Its easier than what you did previously. Just release the pressure from the system by draining water off at the drain cock. On the boiler there is a pressure guage. When this drops to zero you can isolate the radiator concerned and make your replacement.

When you have finished then you can repressurise the system using the "filling loop" for the boiler. This will probably be indentifable as a length of flexible braided pipe with one end connected to the boiler and the other to a ballofix service valve. Some boilers have an inbuilt system which is operated by inserting a special key in the base of the boiler. Open the valve and monitor the pressure at the guage. When it reaches iro 1.5 bar shut the valve.

Job done.

Cheers

dpicton
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Combi boiler

by dpicton » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:05 pm

[quote="rosebery"]Its easier than what you did previously. Just release the pressure from the system by draining water off at the drain cock. On the boiler there is a pressure guage. When this drops to zero you can isolate the radiator concerned and make your replacement.

When you have finished then you can repressurise the system using the "filling loop" for the boiler. This will probably be indentifable as a length of flexible braided pipe with one end connected to the boiler and the other to a ballofix service valve. Some boilers have an inbuilt system which is operated by inserting a special key in the base of the boiler. Open the valve and monitor the pressure at the guage. When it reaches iro 1.5 bar shut the valve.

Job done.

Cheers[/quote]

Thanks very much for that, DP

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1