Combi central heating works when it feels like
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
colinkav
Labourer
Labourer

Combi central heating works when it feels like

by colinkav » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:43 pm

I have a worcester 24LE combi boiler, it works ok some of the time, but other times not.
When I switch it on, the fan operates ok for about 30seconds, (it doesn't light up) then switches off and the "domestic hot water demand indicator" flashes fast and cuts out the fan.
Sometimes I have to switch it on and off quite a number of times before it will operate. and brrrrr it's cold in the garage.

Also the domestic hot water will only operate when the central heating is ON. is this normal.

Any help will be appreciated. Cheers

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:34 am

Hi Colin,

No its not normal, I suggest you get a tame RGI in.

colinkav
Labourer
Labourer

by colinkav » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:30 pm

Thanks steve, I was hoping I would rectify myself as very handy and capable of repairing anything. I was hoping to narrow it down to maybe replacing a part or two, which will save me quite a bit due to "on pension" I have the manual to follow, and it suggests PCB (I have had this out checked it and replaced fuses,) or possibly it could be the pressure switch.

I can live with getting hot water with HEATING ON for now, or change the diaphram in the Diverter, to see if this rectifies the problem.

Cheers

colin

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1