combi fires up when cold water tap used!!!
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
joseph76
Labourer
Labourer

combi fires up when cold water tap used!!!

by joseph76 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:59 pm

Hi, my combi bioler (vailiant ectec plus)sometimes makes a noise when i used the COLD tap. the its sounds like its firing up??? ie the same noise as when the hot water tap is opened up.

any ideas

in advance thanks

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:31 pm

Sometimes just the flow of water through the cold water pipes is enough to push the diaphragm and operate the microswitch.

Will the flow of water pass the boiler before getting to the cold tap you're talking about

htg

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:39 am

Hi Joseph,

Can you confirm that it does fire up? :shock:

Steve

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:31 pm

Also some mixer taps and even washing machines can cause this problem, if the cold water is travelling back up the hot pipe.

Can be solved by fitting NRV's.

htg

joseph76
Labourer
Labourer

by joseph76 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:42 pm

[quote="Steve the gas"]Hi Joseph,

Steve[/quote]

Hi Steve,

I have downloaded the boiler instructions. it looks like it's just the pump which is operating, as this symbol lights up after operating the cold water supply. the gas light only comes on when opening up a hot water tap. so sorry i was mistaking the pump sound for the boiler firing up... doh! i take it this is normal for the pump to operate after using cold water????

joseph76
Labourer
Labourer

by joseph76 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:46 pm

[quote="Steve the gas"]Hi Joseph,

Steve[/quote]

Hi Steve,

I have downloaded the boiler instructions. it looks like it's just the pump which is operating, as this symbol lights up after operating the cold water supply. the gas light only comes on when opening up a hot water tap. so sorry i was mistaking the pump sound for the boiler firing up... doh! i take it this is normal for the pump to operate after using cold water????

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1