Combi in the loft air problem
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Paper1
Labourer
Labourer

Combi in the loft air problem

by Paper1 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:15 am

I have a combi boiler in the loft of my bungalow. There has alway been a noise like air swishing in the boiler after the hot water had been run and turned off, the central heating has been fine.

I have just drained down and fitted a new radiator. Now after refilling the system, added inhibitor, bleeding the rads etc the swishing noise (which I presume is air in the boiler) is seriously bad.

When I filled the system and pressurised it I did hear air being expelled from the bottle valve on the pump within the boiler. Also a small buble
did appear at the bottle valve which is at the Tee junction where the flow and return pipes drop down from the loft.

I am now thinking of 1. adding a air seperator to the c/h flow pipe (spirovac) and 2. at the Tee junction where the pipes drop down: raise up the level of the bottle valves by increasing the pipe work to above the level of the boiler. Note the boiler is the highest point of the system at the moment.

Do you think doing the above will be enough to get the air out of the system and allow the pump to run on without the air swishing around sound ? Any help comments gratefully appreciated.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:03 pm

Paper1,
Trace where the noise is coming from and fit an automatic bleed valve in the highest point of the pipe run.
end

brendya
Labourer
Labourer

by brendya » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:38 am

How to design air conditioning unit to a specific area to be use?
What is the capacity of air conditioning unit to be use when you install at specific area and equipment loads availabilities?

brendya
Labourer
Labourer

by brendya » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:42 am

How to design air conditioning unit to a specific area to be use?
What is the capacity of air conditioning unit to be use when you install at specific area and equipment loads availabilities?

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1