Combi installation costs
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Vincenze
Apprentice
Apprentice

Combi installation costs

by Vincenze » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:55 am

I am looking at an Alpha 35Kw which has been quoted at £1550 (incl 15% VAT) to buy and fit. A Potterton heatmax 24 has also been quoted at £1300 (incl installation).

The Alpha is around £1,000 inc VAT and the rest (£550) is labour.

I just need to know if this is a reasonable price or not before I go ahead.

Oh yes and it is to be paid in cash

Thanks in advance.

Vincenze

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:53 pm

Sounds ok - but don't buy a alpha - you'll have nothing but bother.

If your strapped for cash buy a Baxi.

htg

Tott
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Tott » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:37 pm

Glad I've stumbled across this, just had our boiler written off and the gasman (nice guy, serviced our boilers for a number of years) has recommended Alpha (CD28C) Combis!

I'd suggested pricing a Vaillant or Veissmann that I'd heard good things about, previously had a Worcester Bosch Combi in our old place but heard they're now not so great, but he insists Alphas are very reliable units.

Was expecting a quote around £1500, he's just come back at £2200+ for installing Alpha, programmer, stat, power-flush, etc. (straight forward swap-over from the now kaput Gloworm) but alteration to flue route. More with all new TRVs.

Quote does seem high, tho' was expecting to pay nearer that for a superior Veissmann.

Any opinions?

Cheers, Tott

uk_ducati
Ganger
Ganger

by uk_ducati » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:31 pm

hi
i think the £2200+ price is a bit steep myself but what you need to think of is if a powerflush is being done (which is correct) you are looking at a days work + chemicals. then you are looking at the labour of ripping out the old one, re routing flues, pipes, TRV's etc and fitting and commisioning the new one. this would possibly be 2 days if all goes well. so you would be looking at 3-4 days work. i would say that the boiler and all fitments + about £700 would be about right. but this also depends on where you are. if you are in london possibly double it

also with regards to the make. i think each plumber/gas engineer will always recomend a boiler that they like to fit/have experience with. I like Remeha boilers as this is what my trainer recomended and i have worked on a lot of them, but a lot of engineers dont. this goes with vaillant, baxi and any other makes.

hope this helps

paul

Tott
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Tott » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:18 pm

Cheers Paul, it was actually £2,400 including TRVs. I'm just waiting on a quote from somebody else fitting a Viessmann (30kw) with all the above including chemical flush. He's estimated it should come in under/around £2k, it'll be a two-man job and will include 5yr warranty (10yr on heat exchanger) as they're Veissmann installers.

(Southampton area btw)

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:24 pm