Combi or Multipoint
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
topbaggers
Labourer
Labourer

Combi or Multipoint

by topbaggers » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:01 pm

At the moment I have an immersion heater/Hot water cylinder with header tank. I have no central heating and dont want it.

I'm planning on taking out the cylinder and header and replacing it with a Main Multipoint FF.
For reasons of giving me more choice and a better flow of hot water and the chance of a better price, is there any reason why I cant fit a combi condensing and only use the hot water side of the system or is it not that simple?.

*I'm thinking that I can totally ignore the central heating side.
*Is the wiring still more complex using this syatem?

TIA.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:58 pm

You can't totally ignore the heating side - as it is the heating side that heats the hot water, the heating side will have to be pressurised. Also the excess heat from the hot water cannot just sit in the boiler - it has to be able to escape via a loop of piping or a radiator.

I would suggest fitting at least one radiator.

Or go for the water heater.

topbaggers
Labourer
Labourer

by topbaggers » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:58 pm

[quote="htg engineer"]You can't totally ignore the heating side - as it is the heating side that heats the hot water, the heating side will have to be pressurised. Also the excess heat from the hot water cannot just sit in the boiler - it has to be able to escape via a loop of piping or a radiator.

I would suggest fitting at least one radiator.

Or go for the water heater.[/quote]

Thanks

In that case I will probably just go for the multipoint, Best price I've had so far is £430 inc VAT and Flue.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:39 pm