Combi question
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tonyfu
Labourer
Labourer

Combi question

Post by tonyfu » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:40 am

Just had a combi boiler installed (Glow worm 30cxi) and now I need to drain the central heating system so that I can move a radiator. So my question is, once the heating system is drained can I continue to use the boiler to supply hot water to the taps or do I need to turn off this hot water supply as well?

Have tried searching other questions on this forum for the answer, but no joy so far. Very grateful for any info.

Thanks

Tony

bazza
Ganger
Ganger

combi question

Post by bazza » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:35 am

hi tonyfu if you drain the system you wont be able to carry on using it as the boiler needs to hav 1 to 1.5 bar pressure to operate correctly and if you were to try and fire your boiler up after you drain it it cud crack the heat exchanger then your talking big money to fix it hope this helps bazza ps are you sure its a combi not a condensing boiler as it is illegal to fit combi boilers now

tonyfu
Labourer
Labourer

Post by tonyfu » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:09 am

Oops! Yes it is a condensing boiler. That's a great help bazza, thanks very much for the info (and for the money you just saved me!!!)

Tony

toneyt
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by toneyt » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:34 pm

you would not be able to as it has a low water pressure switch which prevents dry firing

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1