Combination cylinder overflowing from top
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tonydee1965a
Labourer
Labourer

Combination cylinder overflowing from top

Post by tonydee1965a » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:32 am

Does anyone have any further plumbing diagram for this type of cylinder so that I may prepare to purchase an identical Combination Cylinder and connect up a new one ?

Also, for all others out there , I have now come to the agreement/conclusion that I need a new cylinder and want to replace 'like for like' & do this replacement work myself (being an novice/intermediate plumber in my spare time after work & w/e's).

£1200 sounds really expensive to otherwise have this professionally replaced when I believe I can buy one for anout £300 and in terms of the plumbing connections, just to remove the Coil 22mm connections (x4) and new Thermostat / Heating Elelment (or is it suggested I purchase these new aswell).

Can anyone therefore suggest where I can get hold of an IDENTICAL Combn Cylinder [as per that in the attached photos'] so that the old pipework exactly connects to the new cylinder as the old one did.

I am based near Twickenham London and would ideally want this item delivered by this Friday so that I can attempt installation over the weekend.

Any suggestions welcome as every morning I am having to empty buckets from the header tank part of this cylinder [as I understand the coli in the lower section has 'pinholed'] and it is very tiring.
If it is genuinely felt that this is beyond a novice pieces of work or that an alternative system say 'unvented' system suggested then please advise.

Many thanks,

tonydee1965a
Labourer
Labourer

Post by tonydee1965a » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:33 pm

I have decided to go for a new UNVENTED system to replace the faulty Vented Combination Cylinder.

Can anyone recommend a registered plumber to fit a new Unvented Megaflow including all parts and labour under 1000 including any VAT.
As per the attached photos it is housed in the basement.
I am based near Twickenham, West London.

I would be able to remove the old combi cylinder if it would make the cost cheaper for me.
I would want this work to be carried out this weekend i possible.

Many thanks,

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1