combining systems
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mikebucks
Labourer
Labourer

combining systems

by mikebucks » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:17 am

I currently have two vailant thermocompact boilers operating independent systems for hot water and central heating ,one boiler does one side of the house the other boiler the other side.These boilers sit side by side so all ch. pipework is easy to access.
If I wanted to upgrade to a more efficient condensing boiler I think it is possible to link the central heating systems by joing the flow of one to the return of the other and vice versa as the rad thermostats a bi directional. The problem comes with the two hot water tanks and the heating of the water in them. Ideally I want to keep two for adequate supply as I have put in three extra bathrooms ensuite. QUESTION... is it possible for one boiler to control two motorised valves to the two tanks independently, does all of the above seem feasible?

Thanks, Mike
Last edited by mikebucks on Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:16 pm

If you want to have hot water tanks in preference to a combi then fit one system boiler in the way you describe.

There is absolutely no problem with having multiple zone systems. A standard domestic "S" plan usually has two zones - heating and water. Your system will have three or four - Two hot water and one or two heating.

mikebucks
Labourer
Labourer

by mikebucks » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:22 pm

Thanks I'll look into that and learn something!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1