Concete under laminate flooring
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
theforger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Concete under laminate flooring

by theforger » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:00 pm

We have inherited some very nasty cheap laminate flooring in our recently bought Victorian house.

We are keen to remove this and sand down the original wood flooring. However, on lifting a sample piece of the laminate flooring I've discovered that there is half an inch of concrete on top of the original flooring.

My question is two fold, what is the reason for this and will it be okay to remove the concrete to sand the floors down.

Underneath the ground floor we have a basement of about 4ft high which runs the length of the house.

thanks

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:20 am

No idea whatever as to the reason and can only assume someone thought it was good idea at the time because thwe floors were not level or there were signs of damage or something else they wanted to cover up. As for the rest of the question I'm afraid its as simple as "suck it and see".....Only experimentation will tell you whats under there and whether or not its suitable to be used as a floor.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:36 am