Concrete border round wall needs plastering.
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Matf1975
Labourer
Labourer

Concrete border round wall needs plastering.

by Matf1975 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:24 pm

I am stripping wallpaper off walls in 3 rooms in new house. One room seems to have a concrete border three quarters of the way up the walls which is about 6 inches wide before the plaster continues up to the ceiling. I want the room to be skimmed or re-plastered so I can paint the walls instead of wallpapering.

The concrete border is not flush or even with the plaster and is quite rough. Can this be plastered or skimmed over or am I better just to wallpaper the walls which I really would prefer not to do?

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:01 am

Matf1975,
When you say border i'm assuming this is something that was not done at the same time as the rest of the plastering on these walls. I'd be suspecting underneath this border? (Which is probally a chase out) there could be pipework or cables that could also be in conduit.
There are certain regulations concerning the routing of electrical cables and this will probally depend when this work was done, if they are there it would be advisable for you to find out, because if you plaster over the walls to make level and even. What's stopping some poor soul from putting a picture up and nailing through an electrical cable? As they would not be aware of the danger.
It may not be that! could quite easily be a fact that someone has removed old pipework or cable and not made a particularly good job of making good and used render/concrete to do it.
Regards
KB

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:39 am