Concrete Bricks Levelling and Ready to Mix Mineral
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Marcin2
Labourer
Labourer

Concrete Bricks Levelling and Ready to Mix Mineral

by Marcin2 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:45 am

Greetings!

I'm new to the forum (but not new to the advanced DIY), so please forgive me any inaccuracies and loss in translation (I'm Polish).

1. I'm looking for a ready to mix, mineral (not gypsum) powder, in about 25kg bag, that I can mix with water and apply on not very even/straight concrete brick wall.

What would you recommend, available from the popular merchants (TP, BQ, Homebase)?

On the Continent, we would use for example this: KERAKOLL KERALEVEL LR or this: Ceresit CD25.

I need to correct the levels before bathroom tiling.

2. Also, before applying that stuff, I would like to use some sort of transparent, acrylic primer ( to reduce water absorption, prevent loose sand particles dropping and to increase working time with my leveler).

3. After applying the leveller from question one, I would like to waterproof the wall and the surrounding plasterboards with the flexible stuff such as PCI Seccoral ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JzhCeRPdZE ). I am aware of the Mapei system - currently on offer in Screwfix, but maybe fellow DIYers suggest something absolutely amazing.

4. What gypsum powder is good for a quick skim on the plasterboard joints and screws (before painting). I'm not keen on ready mix polyfilas, as these can be quite tricky to sand by hand.

Thank you for any suggestions.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Concrete Bricks Levelling and Ready to Mix Mineral

by welsh brickie » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:24 pm

you can dry line the wall with moisture resistant plasterboard, and tile straight on to it, saving time and money

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:55 am