Concrete flat roof
Information, help and advice on maintaining, installing and repairing a flat roof. Post your questions and view answers here

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
florence44
Apprentice
Apprentice

Concrete flat roof

by florence44 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:14 am

I am thinking of building a porch (approx 18ft x 7ft), I would like to put a flat concrete roof on it, with a view to also use it for a balcony. How do you manage to get a waterproof seal where the roof joins the house, and is it advisable to have a very slight 'fall' on the roof so the water runs of it? Do you have steel reinforcing mesh in the concrete, and how thick would the roof have to be. I would obviously use a architect to do plans, permission etc. Just interested in the views of the members of the forum before I contact an architect.

greengrass
Foreman
Foreman

concrete roof

by greengrass » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:32 pm

You don't say if you have contacted your local council building control office.

Do that before hiring an architect they will want to see the plans before you start especially the roof which they may insist is done by a profesional.
Ignore this at your peril they will make you tear it down. Or wait for more replies first

doctor
Labourer
Labourer

coatings

by doctor » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:26 am

try polyurea coatings for leakage problem.Ultimate linings water proof coatings protect from leakage and moisture and extends the life of your roof.

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

help at hand

by TheDoctor4 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:13 pm

If you would like to find a reliable, insured and vetted tradesman in your area why not click through to the Find a Tradesman area of DIY Doctor: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/ , complete the form and receive up to 5 FREE quotes

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:34 pm