Concrete Floor
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mraich
Ganger
Ganger

Concrete Floor

by mraich » Tue May 20, 2008 3:03 pm

Not sure I am doing this correctly. Like a previous 'thread' on concrete flooring, I too, am having a nightmare. Took the carpet up in the hallway - having some stone/ceramic tiles laid. Underneath the carpet are 'Marley' tiles which were laid on the concrete floor when the bunbalow was built. Noticed a slight 'bulge' and some of the tiles cracked. Lifted those tiles and discovered a crack in the concrete floor right across the hallway. The crack is about 2mm wide and about 2mm high one side. No cracks visible on the walls either side of the hallway. What should I do about this? Tiler is coming on Friday. Please reply ASAP. Many thanks.

john9159
Ganger
Ganger

by john9159 » Tue May 20, 2008 10:22 pm

I'm surprised no-one has replied; if it's that bad you need a structural engineer or have you contacted your insurance company? It's highly likely they would send one out.

mraich
Ganger
Ganger

Concrete Floor

by mraich » Wed May 21, 2008 11:09 pm

[quote="john9159"]I'm surprised no-one has replied; if it's that bad you need a structural engineer or have you contacted your insurance company? It's highly likely they would send one out.[/quote]

Many thanks John. I have now, after your input, contacted my house insurance. They are arranging for some expert to come and have a look.
I will keep you posted.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:19 am