concrete floor uneven how to level it
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
wendy1
Labourer
Labourer

concrete floor uneven how to level it

Post by wendy1 » Mon May 07, 2007 8:43 pm

hi i recentley taken my sitting room carpet up and the org floor is concrete which was very uneven.i was told to level the floor with self leveling mix,which i'vedone.its now been 6 weeks and i came across large cracks in the floor what should i do.

thedoctor3
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by thedoctor3 » Tue May 08, 2007 2:29 pm

Sounds like it dried out too fast or the mix was wrong Wendy. If its loose you will have to do it again. Look in our projects section under floors. You may find some useful tips there.

ajl
Labourer
Labourer

floors

Post by ajl » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:01 pm

where ? is anything on the use of leveling compound in "projects" floors....

Niel Dare
Labourer
Labourer

Re: floors

Post by Niel Dare » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:03 pm

[quote="ajl"]where ? is anything on the use of leveling compound in "projects" floors....[/quote]

Hi
The problem will be, first prep, then how was the org slab primed and how was the material screed mixed. Let me know
and where do you live.

ajl
Labourer
Labourer

leveling compound

Post by ajl » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:30 pm

. in france ! wot i need to know is what happens if you lay more than 3mm of compound? the instructions say mix 6 lt water with 25 kg compound and apply up to 3mm. well i think in places the floor may be 10mm out of level. do i have to have 3 goes at it?

pablo2
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by pablo2 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:48 pm

hello Wendy

It could a number of things which caused the crack including laying the screed too thick . If there was no crack in the concrete previously and you are satisfied the screed is firmly bonded , I would allow it a few more days to dry out then lay a 3 - 5 mm coat over the areas that need bringing up , allow a day or two between coats when you have the levels right put the final coat over . Obviously if inbetween coats the crack reappears post again . When you are ready for the final coat post again and let me know if it is vynil or carpet you are putting down.use the same products as you have allready used.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:47 pm