Concrete Flooring Is Bumping Up
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
loujane1960
Labourer
Labourer

Concrete Flooring Is Bumping Up

by loujane1960 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:27 am

Hi I have a house that is approx 60 years old, i have noticed under the dining room window that the concrete floor is not level, and along the wall where it meets the skirting board it is starting to look as though there is big bumps under the carpet. Have pulled the carpet up and it looks as though the concrete floor has something underneath pushing it up and out of place. Does anyone know what is causing it and should I get a builder in to look at it. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:15 pm

Yes you should get a builders advice.

In my house and others nearby have had all their floors renewed. This is because the original housebuilder used a red shale as part of the sub floor which- when it became wet it swelled resulting in the concrete floors"blowing".

Hth

Steve

simon55
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Concrete Flooring Is Bumping Up

by simon55 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:27 pm

[quote="loujane1960"]Hi I have a house that is approx 60 years old, i have noticed under the dining room window that the concrete floor is not level, and along the wall where it meets the skirting board it is starting to look as though there is big bumps under the carpet. Have pulled the carpet up and it looks as though the concrete floor has something underneath pushing it up and out of place. Does anyone know what is causing it and should I get a builder in to look at it. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you[/quote]

do you have any big trees outside your house? there could be tree roots under your house forcing the floor up??

Simon

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:19 am