Condensation/dehumidifier questions
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
lord_tink_fist
Labourer
Labourer

Condensation/dehumidifier questions

by lord_tink_fist » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:15 am

Hello, a similar question has been asked lots on this forum but mine is a little more specific and I hope you can help me!

I have a big problem with condensation in my one bedroom house. Due to the weather we have to hang washing on a clothes horse inside so naturally it makes a hell of a lot of condensation. This has recently been collecting in patches on a corner wall which day by day seems to get more and more wet patches on. I bought a dehumidifier which has helped dramatically but of course that is churning out very cold air in a house that is already hard to heat. Is there anything I can do to balance out the hot and cold problem? The front room is an odd shape and has the stairs coming straight off it. We've been using a make-shift curtain to make a false wall in an attempt to keep the heat downstairs were we spend most of our time but after reading some other posts, it seems as if this maybe making the problem worse by imbalancing the temperatures.

Anyone have any ideas?! Sorry that the explanation is a little poor. Also, do the smaller dehumidifiers produce less cold air? Are these worth getting over the 10litre-a-day one I have now?

Thank you!

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:35 pm

lord_tink_fist,
Either use a fan heater to replace the heat removed by the de-humidifier or buy a de-humidifier which includes a heating function. The cost of electricity will be the same whichever way you choose.
end

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:06 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:32 am