condensation in loft
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
squeaker
Labourer
Labourer

condensation in loft

by squeaker » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:54 am

Hi i had a central heating fitted last march so this winter is the first time it has been used all the time,the flue for the boiler goes through my loft space and out the roof i had to go in the loft last week and noticed their is a lot of condensation and water droplets forming on the under felt of the roof which is dripping quite alot,should this be happening as it wasn`t their before i had boiler fitted any suggestions.
Thanks. :?:

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:15 pm

Have the tanks been left in the loft, without lids/covers ? could be condensation/evaporation off the old tanks if they still have water in.

It's worth getting the boiler checked by a CORGI registered installer as the flue may have came apart.

squeaker
Labourer
Labourer

by squeaker » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:30 am

[quote="htg engineer"]Have the tanks been left in the loft, without lids/covers ? could be condensation/evaporation off the old tanks if they still have water in.

It's worth getting the boiler checked by a CORGI registered installer as the flue may have came apart.[/quote]

Hi only tank in loft is main header tank i will get it checked as you suggest
Thanks for advice

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1