Condensation with wooden double glazed sash windows?
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
alicecc
Labourer
Labourer

Condensation with wooden double glazed sash windows?

by alicecc » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:57 pm

Hi there,

My mum recently paid a lot of money for a couple of wooden double glazed sash windows in her home. She has been having a lot of condensation on the inside of the windows - when she went back to the tradesman he initially said that some of the sealant strip (not sure if that's the right term) on the inside was too short so there was a gap letting air in, so they came back and corrected that issue. But the condensation continued to be a problem. When she approached the tradesman again he told her this was totally normal, and that she should go around mopping it up with a tissue.

Can anyone tell me whether this condensation is normal or not? It is on the inside of the window (i.e. inside the room, not in the air gap). It's very difficult to know if this tradesman is trying his luck or just has really poor customer service! But either way it isn't the sort of service you'd expect given how much they cost.

Thanks very much for your help!

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Condensation with wooden double glazed sash windows?

by welsh brickie » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:24 am

condensation will occur on any window, some more excessive than others, trickle vents in the windows can resolve the issue.

thedoctor

Re: Condensation with wooden double glazed sash windows?

by thedoctor » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:24 pm

Hi

We do have a project page on condensation in and on double glazing which might also be of some help: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/condensationdg.htm

Kind Regards

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:02 pm