Connecting Hot Fil Hose to Cold Fill Dishwasher?
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
RugbyMadNut
Labourer
Labourer

Connecting Hot Fil Hose to Cold Fill Dishwasher?

by RugbyMadNut » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:25 pm

Hi All,

I'm replacing an old dishwasher that came with the house - it looks like something from the 80s!
It's a Cannon Hot Fill 8s.

This means that there is a readily available hot water 3/4 BSP inlet hose (and drain).

Looking online I can see that there is very little choice for a new hot fill dishwasher and the vast majority seem to be cold fill.

Can I connect the hot fill hose to a cold fill machine?
The hot water comes from a hot water tank in the bathroom upstairs. The standing water in the pipe between the machine and the tank would probably fill the machine and not be very hot anyways.

I'm probably just trying to avoid plumbing in a cold water inlet when there is a convenient hot water inlet already there.

Thank you!

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Connecting Hot Fil Hose to Cold Fill Dishwasher?

by ericmark » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:41 am

In the main dish washers have always been cold fill so things like egg are cleaned off before the hot water sets it, however we had to buy a counter top dish washer as short of space under counter as all dropped for disabled use, and the machine states you can hot fill for a faster wash, we also used hot fill on full size dish washer at home it both means faster wash and you are using gas to heat water which is cheaper. We have not had any problems with hot fill, but don't eat a lot of eggs.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:28 am