Connecting WC to 3" soil pipe
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
petemansell
Labourer
Labourer

Connecting WC to 3" soil pipe

Post by petemansell » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

I am replacing the wc in a house built with an internal 3" soil pipe. Originally a syphonic WC was fitted but these are not now allowed. Can anyone tell me if a modern dual flush WC would work with this 3" soil pipe, assuming I can find a suitable connector to connect it.

Many thanks

peter the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

Post by peter the plumber » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:31 am

Oh God this brings back memories

You find 3-inch pipe in use mostly in the Middle East, do remember seeing it being used on a kibbutz in Israel in my hippy days.

In the UK you need to replace it, you are never going to get connector to fit it to a new toilet.

If you did it would block every five mins.

petemansell
Labourer
Labourer

Post by petemansell » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:22 am

[quote="peter the plumber"]Oh God this brings back memories

You find 3-inch pipe in use mostly in the Middle East, do remember seeing it being used on a kibbutz in Israel in my hippy days.

In the UK you need to replace it, you are never going to get connector to fit it to a new toilet.

If you did it would block every five mins.[/quote]

Many thanks for that comment. The house was actually built in the 70's in Britain on an estate where 3" soil pipes and syphonic toilets were standard.

peter the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

Post by peter the plumber » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:11 pm

Thank God for building regs !!!

I have seen worst, there a estate where they have use black plastic soft piping (about the same thickness and material has roofing felt), for all of the drains that was built at about the same time.

Every drain on the estate had to be replaced after they all became “flatâ€

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:32 am