Connecting wires up

Postby djslim » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:53 pm

I have just come to the point of conecting my radial circuit and lighting circuit up in my conservatory. The tails need to be conected to the existing supply tails in the conservatory. Can this simply be done with chock Box's or should I crimp the conections? Eventually the wiring will be behind plasterboard if this changes anything.

Many thanks
djslim
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby sparx » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:19 pm

Hi, If not accessable for future inspection they must be crimped & contained wholey in an enclosure, what are these tails of which you speak? did you already tap into existing circuits with short lengths of cable? It's not the normal way to do it! either allow long enough 'tails' to reach first fitting or run from first fitting back to tap off point thereby not requiring any joints except at fittings.
If this is done so you must join then the best way would be to use a plasterboard socket box + blank coverplate to allow connectors to be checked later if needs be,
regards
SPARX
sparx

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!