Conservatory Ceiling/ soil pipe
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Martin Barkley
Labourer
Labourer

Conservatory Ceiling/ soil pipe

by Martin Barkley » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:28 pm

I have recently moved in to a new house with a conservatory on the back, the soil pipe is in the conservatory and has been nicely boxed in. I have just walked in to the conservatory and noticed water on the floor which is coming from the boxed unit, as this has not been seen before and it has been raining for most of the day i presume it is from the conservatory roof which as the soil pipe coming through. Ive been above and looked from the bathroom window but cant tell if the material used has withered or not. If so what material can i get to fix this problem and any ideas on how to do it. Would i need to remove the adjacent panel.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by welsh brickie » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:59 am

your best bet is to check first where the water is getting in.I would remove
one of the panels in the roof nearest to the soil pipe as you can see better
carefull not to break polycarb or the roof bar plastic cover.At the bottom of each roof bar is a cap with a plastic button remove and unscrew.
The cover bar is clipped in so carefully use blunt screwdriver and tap with hammer to prise cover off .
there should be a weather slate installed its a square piece of aluminium
with a rubber sleeve to take the soil stack make sure its well sealed by using a watering can to soak the area .
If its only lead around the soil pipe you will need to install a weather slate .

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:13 am