Conservatory - change in regs?
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
trick97
Labourer
Labourer

Conservatory - change in regs?

by trick97 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:35 pm

I had a conservatory built on my house in March 2009.
In this conservatory I have 2 radiators, which have the usual control knob on each radiator to turn it up to high or low heat setting, but they do run off the normal house temperature control.

I am in the process of selling this property, but I am unsure about the current regulations and if they apply to my situation. When I had the conservatory built I was told I didnt need any planning permission or building regulations checks.

Looking at the regs now, it seems as though I would need a regulation check due to the radiators not being on their own control settings (i.e not the normal house temp control). Independent heating systems - but may be misinterpretation.

Are new regulations just prospective or do they also apply retrospectively?
i.e. would I need to get some form of check?

I have been renting the house out for a year or so and have had all the electric/gas safety checks carried out so I know all is in order.

Please advise.

Richard

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Conservatory - change in regs?

by welsh brickie » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:03 pm

dont worry about it,So long as you have doors fitted inbetween the house and consevatory access, thats the only regulation that is enforcable.Everything else is only recomended by a surveyor if he mentions it.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1