Conservatory Roof Replacement Feedback Needed for Glass or Tiled
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mlbl1983
Labourer
Labourer

Conservatory Roof Replacement Feedback Needed for Glass or Tiled

by mlbl1983 » Thu May 26, 2016 9:42 pm

Hi

I have an existing conservatory with a tired glass roof that needs replacing. It has plumbed central heating.

I've had what i think are competitive quotes for a new 'solar' glass roof and a new tiled roof. The tiled roof is approx £3K more expensive.

I'm a bit stuck as to which way to go. I understand the tiled roof provides the best hot/cold insulation in the summer/winter months but obviously reduces light (i'm not that fussed).

However, the glass replacement roof companies, like pilkington, who quoted state their glass roof also provides good hot/cold insulation.

I was hoping for some feedback from others who have gone down this route. Should I bite the bullet and go tiled or is the glass option a worthy option with a reasonable saving?

thanks

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Conservatory Roof Replacement Feedback Needed for Glass or Tiled

by welsh brickie » Fri May 27, 2016 7:57 pm

Pilkinton self cleaning glass is very impressive, have worked on a conservatory in the height of summer, and it was no hotter inside than outside. As for the new warm roof system, it is also very good but not as attractive, In my opinion.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:02 am