consumer unit in washroom

Postby toliver » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:44 pm

I've just moved into a new house and the electricity meter, consumer unit etc are in the downstairs toilet, right next to the wash basin. Is this ok or should I have them moved before I refurbish the room?
toliver
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby sparx » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:51 pm

Hi toliver,
It depends on whether it is easy to splash water on con.unit/ meter or not.
Regs don't preclude this arrangement but leckie supply Co. may want it moved if you change supplier as they are getting fussy due to safety of meter readers, I have just quoted to move the same set up for a customer as her new company say the meter/con-unit is too high above a draining board in a cupboard!!
sorry no definate answer may be best to ask supplier
regards SPARX
sparx

Postby The Baron » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:30 pm

toliver

sparx is quite right, although (my) common sense would suggest having it moved to a safer location and to a height that does not involve climbing!
The Baron
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!