converting a large walk in cupboard into an on suite

Postby aston » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:50 pm

There is a large walk in cupboard next to the main bedroom which would convert nicely into an on suite. Will I need planning premission and or building regs to knock a hole through from the bedroom for a door way block up the old doorway and fit a small window on the outside wall? It is a bungalow and the outside wall has a high wooden fence blocking it from neighbours view.
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:30 pm


Simply Build It

Postby LCL » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:56 pm


You'll need building regulations approval. You can do this under a building notice.

You should also contact the planners to see if planning consent will be required, although I'd have thought this unlikely.

Hope this helps.

Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:40 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics