Postby surd100 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:14 pm

Largely out of curiosity, please could someone enlighten me on this one: I am changing from a gas to an electric cooker for my flat and a fitter will need to cap off the old cooker gas supply. This comprises an iron pipe emerging vertically from MDF covering the concrete floor. At the top of the pipe an iron 90deg F-F turns horizontally left to a 90deg gas bayonet connector which points downward.

It's all very tight to the wall and, although unsecured, pretty unwilling to move away from it, so it looks difficult to rotate anything by more than 180deg and that only in the the loosening direction. I'm really scratching my head over how it was put together, let alone over how it's ever going to be undone and capped off. I felt I should ask in case it may involve an unexpected amount of work and - well - I'm very intrigued.

CookerGasSupply-1.jpg (32.02 KiB) Viewed 557 times
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:51 pm
Location: NEW ROMNEY


Simply Build It

Postby Cheesie1 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:12 pm

from pic looks like cooper rising up, appreciate actually unscrewing anything looks like a nightmare, would be best to cut copper pipe and put a soldered cap on it (shouldn't use compression fitting unless accessible once done) sure ur gas engineer will know what to do when he looks, shouldn't be a major problem.
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:38 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics