Cool Outdoor TV Lift
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

kari666
Labourer
Labourer

Cool Outdoor TV Lift

by kari666 » Mon May 03, 2010 11:41 am

I worked with my neighbor, who is a top notch wood worker, on constructing an outdoor TV lift for my deck. He was able to match perfectly the style of a table my brother had built last year for our deck.

He did a fantastic job of making a solution that is not only functional but also water proof. We installed two circulating fans in the back of the unit that turn on if it gets too hot in the enclosure.

A 37" outdoor LCD TV rises out of the top. When not in use, its great for setting drinks on without worrying about spillage. We recently entertained some friends. They sat at the bar for about two hours and commented on how nice it was. Then we unveiled the remote motorized outdoor TV lift and then their jaws really dropped.

Needless to say, we're looking forward to Packer Games this year out on the deck!

We've had some pretty rainy days this year and not a drop of water has entered the cabinet.

If anyone is interested in getting their own outdoor TV Lift (indoors or out), I'd definitely recommend my neigbor for the job. I'd be happy to pass along your info to him if you'd like to get a quote. He said he can build a shippable solution or hand deliver if within a reasonable distance to Wisconsin. I'm pretty confident he can beat other custom cabinet builder prices based on what I've seen.

It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:41 am