Cooling of Radiators

Postby edrose » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:58 am

I have a condensing boiler system where we keep some rads off or low using TRVs (upstairs) and others on (downstairs). As far as I can work out it is a 2 pipe system. It worked fine until last November when the rads that were on downstairs suddenly lost heat to varying degrees. When I turned the upstairs rads on, the downstairs ones got hot again. When the rads lose heat, it is not due simply to reaching the room stat temp as the CH motorised valve remains on.

An engineer came to look and rebalanced the system and it worked fine until the other day when exactly the same thing happened. I can't see the point of rebalancing it but something odd is clearly going on.
Any ideas?

Ed
edrose
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby nitro23456 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:28 pm

pump?
nitro23456
Progress to next rank:
48.7%

Postby htg engineer » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:59 pm

It's worth checking the pump, maybe turning up to the next speed (if poss) will solve the problem.

htg
htg engineer

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!