Corner Toilets, a few questions.
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
goose
Tradesman
Tradesman

Corner Toilets, a few questions.

by goose » Wed May 21, 2008 11:04 pm

As per a previous post - i've taken the advice of you chaps (thanks) and decided not to put the loo under the window and probably opt for a corner loo.

My question is:- how does the soil pipe work on corner loo's??

In my case the corner is on an internal wall into a bedroom and the external wall of the house, would the soil come straight from the rear of the loo through the actual corner or would it come out at an angle and so go throught the external wall without effecting the internal wall?

My second question is, are corner toilets anymore prome to becoming blocked than a 'standard' loo?

Are there any issues with corner loos?

Many thanks,

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Thu May 22, 2008 10:14 pm

Just the mention of corner toilets makes me go cold and clammy. They can be a nightmare to install. Unless the soil pipe is in the correct location they are pretty well impossible to connect up. I have succeeded in the past by using a flexible pan connector, but the pipe is in full view, the toilet has to stand away from the wall and they do not flush quite as well, so unless you move the soil stack where it enters the bathroom, look very carefully at whether this is viable.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:23 am