Coservatory Boundary lines?? help
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Rezarf
Labourer
Labourer

Coservatory Boundary lines?? help

by Rezarf » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:50 pm

Can anyone tell me please how close you can go to a boundary line (next doors fence) and its also going on the side of the house and i need to know how close i can go from the front of the house if you know what i mean? i'll try and explain more, i can't build it in line with the front of the house can i?? so how far does it have to stand back from it?? also at the front of the house is our garden so there's no boundary lines to worry about there.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:52 pm

Talk to the planning of your local council. If you intend to knock down any walls, or remove doors to make easy access to your conservatory it can be deemed to form part of your living accomodation. As such the rules become different, not only to siting the conservatory but you have then made what used to be an external wall, into an internal wall.

Always check with the local council to be on the safe side.

Tenebos
Labourer
Labourer

Conservatory Boundary Lines.

by Tenebos » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:30 am

I had my conservatory build the full width of the back of the house. Brick walls on each side right up to the boundary with the neighbours house - this being a semi. Had planning permission for it passed. Your foundations can go under their side. Most conservatory companies try to persuade you that you can't go up to the boundary, but you can. Just ensure that you don't over hang their side and I think the maximum protrusion from the back of the house was 4.5metres so as not to block their light. Can't help with the other questions.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:43 pm