Coservatory Floor
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bronkone7
Labourer
Labourer

Coservatory Floor

by bronkone7 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:22 pm

The floor in our cons. was rotten so i've took it up.Wooden floor was just sitting on 4" insulation with uneven concrete base underneath.
I now want to lay laminate on joists and was told i can get some concrete jacks with adjustable bolts to level joists so be no need to level concrete base.
Has anyone heard of these,if so where can i get them please.
Many thanks.
Brian

Perry525
Site Agent
Site Agent

Conservatory Floor

by Perry525 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:55 pm

Why not buy some sharp sand, cement and level the floor.
Then buy some self leveling cement that will provide an easy pour solution good enough to put that insulation back level in all directions.
Keep in mind that this type of floor will take several months to dry out but worth the wait.

ollie7489
Apprentice
Apprentice

by ollie7489 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:37 am

The easiest thing to do is go to your nearest double glazing contractors and buy some packers from them. These come in 1mm to 6mm thicknesses and are very cheap so you can build up to the right level under the joists. Then screw the joists to the floor incorporating a membrane, if there is not one there already, and fill in between the joists with insulation, lay floor boards on top and then fit your new floor. one thing you could also do is when you have the joists screwed down and level squirt some expanding foam under the joist where there is a big gap as this will hold the packers in place and also support the joists Regards Les

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:00 am