Covering this mess up! (Shower tray question)
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Prongle
Labourer
Labourer

Covering this mess up! (Shower tray question)

by Prongle » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:08 pm

Hi all,

We have been desperately trying to source a cover for our shower tray for years now. Thinking of all sorts of ideas but we're completely stuck now.

The shower was there when we moved in and the guy before did some crazy work to get it up in the air (You will see on the pictures!). We have thought about all sorts of ideas but not able to get one we're happy with the look of or easy enough to do.

So far we have thought of;

A replacement shower tray cover, however they don't come in the height we require (180mm).

Mosaic tiles wrapped round, however we don't really have a solid surface to attach to.

Simple soft plywood, bend it round, tack it on. But it will be very soggy if it gets wet. Plus the bathroom has no window, which will only add to damp problems.

Plaster the whole area, I'm told without 'browning' it, it will only crack and look just as bad again. I quite like the idea, but the wife isn't so keen.

Measurements are 180mm high and a 900mmx900mm tray.

Any ideas will be more than welcome!

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:20 pm

Hunt out some white plastic soffit board as used outside under the guttering.

I think it is available up to 300mm from your local double glazing plastic supplier. The good news is when it is on and siliconed up, it looks exactly like the existing shower tray. And even better, it only costs a few quid!

I use it all the time.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:24 pm