coving
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
rachel26
Labourer
Labourer

coving

Post by rachel26 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:28 am

Hi, can anyone help?

My house has very little attic space and the eaves of the roof come into my bedrooms, where this happens the ceiling is curved, therefore the height from ceiling to floor on the end walls is a lot shorter then the height of the inner walls. I was wondering if there was a way i could put coving up in these rooms?

Any advice welcome, thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:49 pm

rachel26,
Coving is made for a wall to ceiling angle of 90 deg so you could fit it to the walls without the sloping part and cut it to the slope angle.
end

theshedman
Foreman
Foreman

Post by theshedman » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:30 pm

Hi all, there is one way to get over the slope part of the ceiling but it is fiddly. Put up the coving to the straight part of the ceiling and to the straight bit of the slope. After this cut a bit of coving a bit bigger than the gap you have left and saw through the back of it in a number of places just over half way through so that you can bend it. Damping the coving can also help it to bend a little bit. Then put it in place. Once dry sand off any rough bits until it looks right then fill in any gaps that are left and sand smooth. Good luck with it.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:20 pm