Crack going up corner of connecting wall(s) in new nursery
Fillers, sealants and adhesives for all types of DIY work. Help, advice and information on all aspects of this subject

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Gazza732
Labourer
Labourer

Crack going up corner of connecting wall(s) in new nursery

by Gazza732 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:16 am

Hello Guys.

First post here so not sure how effective it is. Hopefully, quite so. We are in the process of turning an old spare room into a nursery for our expected little one, however, upon taking down age old wallpaper, we have discovered quite a large crack between two walls. One wall is an external wall and the other is a dividing wall between two rooms. I have attached an image which had to be rotated and incredibly downsized in resolution to meet DIY Doctor's requirements but here is a link to a better quality version: http://imgur.com/0cGfLK2
Is anyone able to advise the best way to go about this please? i.e. polyfilla, plaster, other alternatives. We have a can of expanding foam although the application tube is too thick and we also have powdered polyfilla but not sure the best way to overcome it.

Thank you in advance to all those who help with the issue.
Attachments
Connecting wall crack .jpg

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Crack going up corner of connecting wall(s) in new nursery

by welsh brickie » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:55 pm

you will need a flexible filler, try acrylic sealant

Gazza732
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Crack going up corner of connecting wall(s) in new nursery

by Gazza732 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:00 pm

welsh brickie wrote:you will need a flexible filler, try acrylic sealant

Yes I just found out today. I have sanded it all down and tomorrow I will be filling the inside of it with polyfilla just so it is not as hollow, then once dry I will put a trail of unibond sealant down it to get a nice finish before painting. Thanks for the advice though :D.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:08 pm