Cracked Plastic Kitchen Sink
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
woodhouse
Labourer
Labourer

Cracked Plastic Kitchen Sink

by woodhouse » Thu May 15, 2008 7:18 pm

The plastic kitchen sink that we have had for 10 years suddenly cracked vertically (at the angle of 2 sides) when it got filled with water. We have been told that there might have been a weakness in that particular area for some time (it's near the tap) and a hairline crack had probably developed as a result. The plumber is keen for us to get a replacement sink but I was wondering if we could fix the sink instead? I have bought some Unibond repair Power Epoxy repair adhesive (water resistant), but before I apply it, i would like to get a second opinion. Do you recommend it?

Thanks

ALDA
Foreman
Foreman

by ALDA » Thu May 15, 2008 9:46 pm

W,

SEEING AS YOU HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT THE ADHESIVE, THEN WHAT HAVE YOU TO LOOSE. IF IT WORKS, YOUV'E SAVED AND IF IT FAILS, THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO FIT THE NEW SINK YOU ARE TRYING TO AVOID FITTING.

JUST ONE SUGGESTION IF YOU PURSUE YOUR IDEA, THOUROUGHLY CLEAN, DEGREASE AND DRY THE REPAIR AREA BEFORE APPLICATION OF ADHESIVE AND FOLLOW EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS ON THE TIN!!!

A.

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Thu May 15, 2008 11:35 pm

personally i'd say no. i can't imagine that any repair is going to last long. better off replacing it.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:05 am