Cracks in paint? Can anyone hlep please?
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

B81563
Apprentice
Apprentice

Cracks in paint? Can anyone hlep please?

by B81563 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:27 pm

Hi, I hope someone can help. I painted my downstairs toilet and have small cracks all over an area of about 2 foot square. Originally I painted a white Dulux under coat before putting on some B&Q bathroom paint. The paint finish was good but the wall surface was uneven - so I did a bit of sanding and adding polyfilla to get a flatter finish and repainted. These small, dark cracks appeared - at first I thought I'd got particles of dust / hair in the paint. I resanded and repainted -all looked good but when it dried the cracks reappeared through the new coats. Today, I did the same - same answer. I then sanded a little further and put polyfilla 'fine' for hairline cracks over the cracked paint. I sanded this lightly so the cracks were no longer visible and then repainted. I did this over a bigger area - I thought the finish looked great an hour or so ago but have just looked and I have these damn cracks all over the area I've just worked on. I have never seen this before - is it the paint (I've never used B&Q before - but the problem is only on a small area - not the whole room). I'd really appreciate anyone's advice because my only other thought is to re-sand back to bear plaster and start again (and cross my fingers) but I am not certain that would help given my experience so far..

It is currently Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:35 am