Curtain fixing - plaster wall
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sween
Labourer
Labourer

Curtain fixing - plaster wall

by sween » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:23 pm

I know this is very similar to other topics in here but there are loads of different answers so thought I'd give a precise description.

I fixed up curtains to the plaster wall in my flat a couple of weeks ago. The fixings are a hook on which you lay the curtain rod. Each hook has two screws that secure them to the wall - a long one and a shorter one. The longer one had a rawl plug in it.

Unfortunately, the plaster crumbled away from the screw fixings on one hook and the curtain rod just fell down. The fixing on the other end seems okay for now.

My landlady suggested filling the hole with polyfilla and screwing the screw back in with a rawl plug. I have my doubts as to whether this will work as the plaster around the filler will be pretty crumbly. I will try it, but would like to know if there are any more reliable solutions first!

Please help!

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:39 pm

sween,
You need to drill deeper and fix into lintol above the window which will be either concrete or steel.
end

januspilot
Labourer
Labourer

by januspilot » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:41 am

Try using the DrylinePro fixing. This will work great assuming that your walls are dot and dab which is what it sounds like.
Cheers
Richard

bd3cc
Foreman
Foreman

by bd3cc » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:15 pm

How old is the property?

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:44 am