Curtain Rails in Dry Lined Walls
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Discovery
Labourer
Labourer

Curtain Rails in Dry Lined Walls

by Discovery » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:46 am

I've just purchased a house which is all dry lined. All the curtain rails are hanging off the walls. I've replaced one using correct plastic plugs, but even this is pulling out.
The house is 9 years old, so I assume the lintels will be galvanised steel. Other than drilling into the lintel, is there a correct way to secure curtain rails permanently?
I have thought of attaching wooden battens to the lintel, but then the curtains stand off the wall too much.
Thanks

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:56 pm

Hi Discovery,
That's the problem with dry lining, many moons ago when I did it for a living, we always fixed wooden battens behind the board so curtain Rails could be fixed.
But thats not helping you any, best fixing by a long way is what is called "The Hollow wall anchor" and that's not rhyming slang for the the fellow who put your wall up! you can buy them from most DIY stores and builders merchants. When you tighten them up they open up behind the board giving a good secure grip.
Good Luck
KB

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:43 am